We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer with 5+ years of practical UI/UX experience at an agency, studio or client side. Someone with first class design skills who can see a platform, website or app through from discovery to wireframes, design and launch. You’ll be joining a great group of diverse designers with a collective goal of making the internet a better place.
- A high-caliber portfolio showcasing a variety of projects, all with excellent design and design-thinking artifacts.
- Ability to lead design projects from start to finish, owning the discovery, ideation, design, and collaborating with engineers.
- Experience planning and facilitating design workshops, client reviews, and user research
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems
- Masterful knowledge of user-centric and data-informed product design.
- The ability to lead digital projects with autonomy and authority, and provide mentorship to members of the design team.
- Strong communication and the ability to articulate and defend design decisions
- Ability to read the audience and adjust communications, presentation messaging, and style with clients to guide a successful outcome whenever possible
- Someone that plays well on a team and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to define and navigate ambiguity
- Sketch/Figma expertise, and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Passionate curiosity about the Internet, design, trends, and culture
- Able to create strong collaborative relationships with developers and other stakeholders
You must also be:
- A self-starter, with a curious mind and an enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible with a willingness to compromise when needed
- A problem-solver who never hesitates to ask questions and looks for ways to benefit the organization as a whole
- Able to collaborate with creatives and business stakeholders to tell stories through design
- Able to understand the impact of internal and external client feedback on your work
- Organized, with good communication skills
- Able to scope and estimate time for project efforts with fair accuracy
- A role model for work ethics, possessing ability to manage time for self and others
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
Nice to have:
- A personal illustration style which can be used when appropriate
- Ability to natively create animations in Principle and/or After Effects
- Ability to create data visualizations based on reporting and research, comfortable working with data-driven stories and graphics
- An interest in data analytics and working closely with metrics
- Great overall technical expertise and desire to share knowledge with others
Please provide work samples with application.
NY based office. We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021.
Big Human is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Opportunities for advancement exist, and Big Human is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.