We’re seeking a Mid-level Product Designer with 3+ years of practical UI/UX experience at an agency, studio or client side. Someone with first class design skills who can see a platform, website or app through from discovery to wireframes, design and launch. You’ll be joining a great group of diverse designers with a collective goal of making the internet a better place.
- A high caliber portfolio showcasing a variety of projects, all with excellent design and design-thinking artifacts.
- Ability to own projects from start to finish, from product definition, wireframing to design.
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong communication and the ability to articulate and defend design decisions
- Ability to read the audience, adjust communications and presentation messaging and style with clients to guide a successful outcome when possible.
- Someone that plays well on a team and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to define and navigate ambiguity
- Sketch/Figma skills, and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Passionate curiosity about the Internet, design, trends, and culture
- Interest in Branding is a plus
You must also be:
- A self-starter, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible with a willingness to compromise when needed
- A problem-solver, who looks for ways to benefit the organization as a whole
- Able to collaborate with creatives and business stakeholders to tell stories through design
- Able to understand the impact of internal and external client feedback on your work
- Organized, with good communication skills
- Able to scope and estimate time with fair accuracy
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
Nice to have:
- A personal illustration style which can be used when appropriate
- Ability to natively create animations in After Effects
- Ability to create data visualizations based on reporting and research, comfortable working with data-driven stories and graphics
- A great overall technical knowledge and general curiosity
Please provide work samples with application.
NY based office. We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021.
Big Human is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Opportunities for advancement exist, and Big Human is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.