We’re seeking a Brand Designer with 4+ years of experience at an agency, studio or client side. As a brand designer you will concept, create and design brand marks and identities along with supporting visual systems and materials. Brand work for our clients is typically applied to applications, interfaces, websites and occasionally physical products. If you’re a visual problem solver who is passionate and enthusiastic about well crafted branding and design, we’d love to talk to you.
- 4+ years experience of digital design experience at a branded content studio, creative advertising agency or editorial publishing company
- Sophisticated sense of design, composition, typography, animation and strong strategic conceptual skills
- Able to articulate vision and sell through concepts and ideas with confidence and clarity
- Proven ability to create powerful photo/illustration mood boards, annotated wireframes and storyboards
- Fluent in Figma, Sketch and Google and Adobe suites
- Basic knowledge of front-end design styling
- Experience designing responsively across all platforms
You must also be:
- A self-starter, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible with a willingness to compromise when needed
- A problem-solver, who looks for ways to benefit the organization as a whole
- Able to collaborate with creatives and business stakeholders to tell stories through design
- Able to understand the impact of internal and external client feedback on your work
- Organized, with good communication skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Able to laugh, with a sense of humor and thick skin (strongly recommended)
Nice to have:
- Strong motion / animation skills to bring brand storytelling to life
- A personal illustration style which can be used when appropriate
- Ability to natively create animations in After Effects
- Knowledge of video-editing, video production equipment, including cinema cameras, and still photography
- Ability to create data visualizations based on reporting and research, comfortable working with data-driven stories and graphics
Please provide work samples with application.
About Big Human We have lots of fun perks that include the ‘normal company’ things like health insurance, Health + Wellness reimbursement, and 401ks, as well as some special treats like weekly lunches, monthly snack boxes, massages, yearly retreats and monthly meet ups.
Big Human is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Opportunities for advancement exist, and Big Human is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.